Some of the bones are going to be very difficult to identify. Nasal bones for sure and lacrimal bones.
So I of course don’t know if it is actually Artemis’ birthday but I got her 2 years ago in November so I picked a day and called it her birthday because I don’t remember the exact day I got her. We went for a 2 mile run and they I harassed her all night.
Check out that best time!!!! It was only for a few seconds but that is my fastest time ever!! That is probably when I ran across the street before the cars came hahahaha!
After my run, I was a little sweaty but it felt good!
Artemis had a ball, but at this point she was really ready to get back home. She has a leash on your just can’t see it with my awesome quality of photography hahahaha.
Back to trying to have some juice in the morning!!!! Carrot apple is my jam!
So I just finished season 5 of Grimm last night (I know I am behind like always) and I go to press play on season 6 (on amazon prime) and it costs money!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!! Seasons 1-5 are included with amazing prime but not season 6. I HATE when they do that! Though I guess it makes sense since it just aired this year. But now I either have to buy an episode here and there or wait and see if it drops for free. I will also check the other TV sites we have like Netflix and Hulu. Fingers crossed.
Do you watch Grimm?
What is your fav show right now?
Has winter hit where you are? How are your workouts fairing if it has?
I have a feeling this winter is going to be very difficult for me training wise if I don’t find a cheap gym. I can run in the cold (I don’t love it but I can) but when its cold AND raining its hard for me to get my butt out the door.
- plan, plan, plan- I know some people like to fly by the seat of their pants and that is great but in some cases you need to plan. If you are not on a budget then you might have a little more room to play with this but if you are on a budget, as I always am, planning is your best friend. Also if you only have a limited amount of time planning ahead can save you hours of wasted time standing in line.
- research- Groupon is international if you didn’t know. For most places if you do a little research you can find inexpensive skip the line passes, semi-guided tours, activities and so much more at reduced costs and it definitely saves you on those hours in line.
- planning and research also help you squeeze in as much as possible in a short time period. For example we are packing Venice into a day and a half then on our last day in Venice which would have been a 3/4 day anyways we are instead taking the train and spending a few hours each in Verona, Florence and Pisa before laying our heads down in our AirBnB accommodations in Rome.
- Think outside the box when it comes to lodging- you don’t have to stay in a nice hotel to feel luxurious when traveling. If you once again research you can find nice places for a lot less expensive. I have stayed in some seriously nice hostels and and used AirBnB several times when I have travelled. If you are traveling with friends AirBnB is a great choice. We have accommodations in the heart of Venice, Rome and Barcelona through AirBnB that are less than $150/night, whole apartment in each place, split the cost between everyone and you are looking at $20-30/night for each person in a nice place. and having and entire apartment means you have a kitchen so you can hit the market and make a few meals to save some money. You are still eating locally!!!
- Do a few things that aren’t overrun by tourists- on my first morning in Venice after some coffee and a pastry I plan on walking the opposite direction of the crowds and will continue to do this. That is how I will explore Venice, going the opposite direction of the crowds (obviously do a little research on places you should avoid and use common sense, if you turn down a street and it feels sketchy, backtrack quickly).
- Safety!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- Be safe, research the places you are going, know the areas to avoid, know the laws and customs. Pay attention to the dress code. If something or someone doesn’t feel right get out of that situation and place ASAP. Think before you act. If you are alone, don’t get so drunk that you are impaired. That movie TAKEN with Liam Neeson is a fun thriller but it is also real, people are kidnapped and murdered every day, enjoy your vacation but be smart and be aware.
- common sense should see you through-if you wouldn’t do it at home don’t do it abroad. Again take 10 minutes and learn about the place that your are going, I would sunbath topless in Ibiza, I would cover all tattoos and most skin in the middle east, different place different experience.
- Check in. Give someone at least a vague itinerary of where you will be and when you will be there and when you will be home so someone will know if you don’t arrive. Try and check in at least ever 72 hours (I tend to check in at least once every 24 hours) you can find a free or very cheap internet café almost anywhere. And most cell phones have international coverage if you check. It will cost me $.55 every day to send 1 text message to my mom and get one back from her both acknowledging we know I am alive. $.55/day is not much to ensure piece of mind.
- Be a dork. Take selfies and make stupid faces and journal and take videos. Who cares what the people around you think, in 5, 10, 15 years you are going to be so glad you can look back on those memories.
- Be respectful. It may not be your culture, religion or favorite food but it is theirs. You wouldn’t want someone to bad mouth your way of life so don’t do that to anyone else. You don’t have to believe in it or even accept it but don’t be mean about it. Step to the side, quietly leave the church, discreetly bow out of the ceremony, say thank you and try the tiniest bite you can manage.
- lastly HAVE FUN!!!!! You may never be back, you may never experience something like this again so drink it all in. Take advantage of every opportunity that comes your way and truly live this experience.
Happy May day!!!!!!!
I hope the weather is nice so you can get out and enjoy it!!!
Workout goal this week-3 workouts in any form.
I got 2 workouts in last week, 1 walk/run and 1 hike. The weather wasn’t too bad and I should have gone out on Saturday after work for a little run but I was lazy instead hahaha I am working on it! The weather looks promising for this week so fingers crossed!!!!!
A few pics from the hike
She is so in her element when she is off least in the forest with no one else around
Can you suffer from the pain of both? I ate way too much junk this weekend and was bloated for at least half the weekend and tonight I ran 5 miles then walked for another 30.
Tomorrow I need to do some serious stretching and foam rolling (aka tourture). My right hip (IT band) is SUPER tight so my hip is hurting and it radiates down my thigh to my knee. So foam rolling is a big to do for me tomorrow……or today since its after midnight.
The boyfriend and I were seriously lazy this weekend, we watched at least 8 movies and some Game of Thrones episodes. But it was seriously needed for me since I was traveling the last 2 weekends.
Some random stuff from this week:
My walk to class from the back parking lot
Gotta love Oregon lol
The boyfriend suggested running a marathon together in October, he was thinking Portland marathon until I looked it up and the cost is $130!! Too rich for our current blood so I’m looking at other options. But i did look up some training plans on Google
Tonight was the premier of a new TV show
I used the 2 hour premier to distract me while I ran.
Yep, i run like a turtle.
Thank goodness for TVs on your treadmill.
When I got home I had some leftover sushi from yesterday’s dinner
It was good.
And now it’s pass out time.
Do you like sushi?
Let’s start with earlier today, i had class and lab this morning. In between class and lab I did some HW and went old school on my snack PB&J
Lab today was cool
Our setup looked super complicated.
When I got home I was desperate for a snack
Wheat thins and laughing cow cheese.
Took Artemis for a walk.
Got back and had lunch
Grilled cheese and an orange. I realized that it had been waaaay too long simce i had an orange, it was delicious.
I worked on my lab report that is due Thursday then met my friend at the gym at 8. We did strength training for about 45 minutes then ran on the treadmill for 45 minutes
Running on tired legs is really hard!! This was my first time doing it. But I feel very accomplished.
I came home and ate my weight in pasta
And now I am super exhausted. Sleep time for me.
Have you ever purposely trained on fatigued legs?